Monday, February 4, 2008

Fish with Lemon-Parsley Sauce



Another great recipe I created this weekend.... Fish with lemon-parsley sauce. I used salmon, but other fish would work, too. I started by melting 1T. butter and 2T. olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. While it was heating, I rinsed the fish and cut it into two portions, then dried with paper towels and sprinkled with lite salt and pepper. Then I placed it in the pan, presentation side down, for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, I flipped it so that the skin side was down and cooked another 2 minutes. Then I added the zest of 1 lemon along with the juice and 1/2c. water (white wine would also be good). I clamped the lid on and let it steam for 7 minutes, or until the center of the fish flaked easily. Once cooked, I removed the fish and added the parsley to the pan. I cooked this over medium heat until slightly thickened. I arranged the fish on a plate with steamed broccoli and thin slices of lemon, then spooned the sauce on top. The fish was moist and flavorful. Yummy!

I'm pretty sore from shoveling this weekend. We got a lot of snow! When we got home from work on Friday, Tyson and I shoveled a 3-4ft tall drift out of the driveway. The next day (Saturday), we had the pleasure of scooping another 3-4 inches up, and Sunday, yet another 2-3 inches. This morning I woke up to.. you guessed it.. more snow! We're supposed to get a break from the white stuff for a few days (thank goodness). Ralfie loves it. He buries his face in it and walks around. When he comes inside, he looks like a little mountain-man with snow all over his face and beard.

No comments: