Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I feel like Tacos tonight!

There is a new thing in the refrigerator section of the grocery store-- raw tortillas! Just place in an ungreased skillet over medium heat for 1 minute on each side and you are in tortilla heaven. It's just like the tortillas at the good mexican restaraunt in town. Yum! I had to come up with my own blend of taco seasoning to keep my hubby happy. The seasoning is: 1T. cinnamon, 1T. ground toasted cumin seeds, 1t. garlic powder, 1t. onion powder and 1t. salt. Shake it up in a jar and use as necessary. It's great on chicken, fish or beef. I also like to add a little lime juice and cilantro to the taco to make it taste a bit more authentic. A little shredded cabbage instead of lettuce is another nice change. Man, I miss Patty's Kitchen in Moscow. I really want the tomatillo salsa. I know how to make it at home, but I don't have time tonight!

The parents' house now has a stair rail. The countdown to mid-March has begun. My family has until Feb 26th to move out of the old house, so they will live with Tyson and I until the new house is finished. My mom is very excited about playing with the puppy for a few weeks. I'm excited to cook for 5 people! It's very difficult to cook for two. Lots of leftovers. I guess they make a good lunch the next day. :)

Last night, I went and cleared out some things I had stored above the shop at the house in Shelley. Holy cow, I had no idea I was such a packrat. I need to work on that. I found my high school yearbooks-- those should be fun to go through.

No comments: