I picked up a corned beef roast at my local supermarket and let it cook low and slow in the crock pot all day. Yum!
For each sandwich, you will need:
- 2 slices rye bread (my favorite is the swirled rye bread at Winco, but I didn't want to drive that far. I just used the rye bread sold in the deli section of my local store)
- Corned Beef (2-3 oz. cooked shredded corned beef per sandwich)
- Sauerkraut (1/2 cup or so)
- Swiss Cheese (1-2 slices)
- Mustard (I like the deli kind with juicy seeds in it that pop in your mouth)
- Russian Dressing
- Make the Russian Dressing (recipe follows). Set aside.
- Spread about 1 Tbsp or so of the Russian dressing on a slice of bread. Top with corned beef.
- Place the sauerkraut in a paper towel and squeeze to remove excess juice. Sprinkle it on top of the corned beef.
- Lay the Swiss on top of the sauerkraut. Spread the other slice of bread with a thin layer of the grainy mustard and set on top.
- Lightly oil a grill pan, griddle, or skillet with canola or olive oil.
- Grill the sandwich about 2-3 minutes on each side or until toasted. Enjoy!!
- 1/2 cup mayo (I use Best Foods)
- 3 Tbsp ketchup (Heinz)
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sweet pickle relish
This sandwich was very easy to put together. I happily devoured it after a Zumba class. :)
Now I have a BUNCH of corned beef left over. I can only have the same thing so many days in a row. Any ideas on how to use it up?