Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ralfie's first haircut

Ralfie got his first haircut today. He looks so different-- he went blonde! The groomer trimmed away all of his dark ends. He's looking more and more like a Shih Tzu. Below is a picture of Ralfie before his haircut and a picture of Ralfie after his haircut. When we brought him home, Charlie didn't recognize him. He arched his back and hissed at his little buddy. It didn't take him long to recognize our little pup and they were back to their usual shinnannigans.

Ralfie before his first haircut.



Ralfie after his haircut.



Dad, Tyson, Ryan, Morgan, Uncle Jim and Matt worked really hard today getting the big stuff moved. This next week is the last week my parents and Ryan will have in the Shelley house. Not much left to do now. Next weekend (not this weekend like I thought), they will be moving to our house. Fun fun!



Tonight I made Sloppy Joes from the LA Weight Loss cookbook. They were much better the last time I made them because I had fresh tomatoes. I had to use canned tonight and it wasn't as good. Next time, I'll be sure to have those fresh tomatoes. I gave the dish more flavor by adding some BBQ sauce and served it with Buddy's Salad. Here's a head-scratcher for you... Tyson says he doesn't like garlic, but he loves Buddy's Salad which is LOADED with garlic. His tastebuds are slowly starting to expand. Yeah! Charlie waited next to the garage door while I cooked and Mocha played with a kitty treat on the kitchen table. One of her favorite games is to jump on the table and see how far she can move the tablecloth without falling off. We have to be really careful about what we set on the table!

Sloppy Joes cooking in the pot. Made with ground turkey, tomatoes, and green peppers.

Charlie waiting to play in the garage-- one of his favorite winter activities.

Sloppy Joes and Buddy's Salad for dinner. The bread is sourdough.

Mocha caught playing on the table. Silly kitty.

This last week, I went to BYU for another panel. Linda and I were quite adventurous in our dining choices. We had Mexican for lunch on the way down (tortilla soup), wonderful Italian at Ottavio's (caprese, salad with vinaigrette, and shrimp scampi over angelhair pasta), French dips for lunch the next day, and Peruvian for dinner (with chicha mirada of course). Linda told me she hoped there wasn't a civil war in her tummy. She's a very nice lady that is easy to work with and even more enjoyable be around. I love working with her. Well, that's enough for now! TTFN!

No comments: