Enchiladas Verdes with Classico Alfredo Sauce
1 Rotisserie chicken, deboned and meat shredded (about 1 lb meat)
1 (14.5 oz) can canelli beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup sour cream
2 (4 oz.) cans chopped green chiles
1 jar (15 oz.)Classico Alfredo Sauce, divided
1 (28 oz.) can Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
10 (6”) corn tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, combine chicken, beans, green chiles, sour cream, and half of the alfredo sauce. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the green chile sauce and the remaining alfredo sauce. Blend well.
3. In a greased 9”x13” pan, ladle ½ cup of the creamy green chile sauce and spread to distribute evenly over the bottom of the pan. Rip 3 corn tortillas into strips and place over the sauce, trying to completely cover the pan with one layer of tortilla. Spoon ½ of the chicken mixture over the tortillas and spread with the back of a spoon into an even layer. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Drizzle with another ½ cup of creamy green chile sauce. Repeat layers.
5. Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is slightly crisped at the edges.
6. Let cool 10 minutes, then slice and serve. Garnishes may include sour cream, limes, cilantro, salsa, etc.