The results were wonderful! I have a new favorite Christmas cookie. The outside is crispy and the inside is soft and chewy. Give it a try!
White Chocolate Pomegranate Cookies
Recipe from http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 lg eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups old fashioned oats
12 oz white chocolate chips
1 cup pomegranate arils
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla, whip well.
2. Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt to flour; mix well. Slowly stir into the butter mixture. Stir in the oats and white chips by hand.
3. Form 1 tbsp dough into a ball using your hands. Flatten into a disc. They should look like this:
4. Press 5 to 6 pomegranate arils into each cookie. They should look like this:
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (mine took 12 minutes and I roated half way through). The edges should be slightly brown. Don't worry if the middle doesn't look done-- it is. Let cool for a few minutes on the pan then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Happy Holiday Baking!!